Assumption of Mary Church in Łabędy

Assumption of Mary Church in Łabędy

Updated: 10.10.2019 / print / pdf
Assumption of Mary Church in Łabędy

photo: A. Witwicki / Muzuem w Gliwicach

Dane adresowe
ul. Staromiejska 25
44-109
Gliwice
Dane kontaktowe

In this church erected in the 15th century you can admire late medieval Gothic vaults to this very day. In the period 1716-1719 the temple was extended upon the initiative of Hans Bernhard von Welczeck. A stone coat of arms of this house is situated above the main entrance, the house of von Welczeck is also commemorated in an inscription on the baptismal font located near the family tomb.

A triangular closed presbytery of the church faces the east. It is a single-nave building with an annex. Above the main entrance in a niche there is a stone statue of  Immaculate Virgin Mary from the 18th century.

Business card categories: 
Assumption of Mary Church in Łabędy
photo: S. Janiczek / Muzeum w Gliwicach
ołtarz
photo: A. Witwicki / Muzeum w Gliwicach
Assumption of Mary Church in Łabędy
photo: A. Witwicki / Muzeum w Gliwicach