Fountain with a Neptune sculpture

photo: Gliwice City Hall

Dane adresowe
Rynek
44-100
Gliwice

This sculpture made of sandstone by Johannes Nitsche dates back to 1794. Neptune sculptures were traditionally placed in seaside cities. In the case of Gliwice, the sculpture was placed just after the Kłodnicki Channel, connecting Gliwice via Odra River with the sea, was finished. A partially reconstructed city well from 17th–18th century, discovered during archaeological studies in 2010, is placed next to the fountain.

Kategorie wizytówki: