A huge cultural-leisure complex was built at this site in 1890. It also hosted the Victoria Municipal Theatre. It was the biggest and the most representative of such sites in Upper Silesia. It was burnt down by Soviet soldiers in 1945.
It is currently maintained as a permanent ruin and one of the most interesting cultural sites in the region, used to present unorthodox artistic endeavours. It offers space for approximately 300 spectators. It is a part of Gliwice Municipal Theatre.