St. Apostles Peter and Paul’s Cathedral
The temple was built during the 1896–1900 period, in the neo-Gothic style. The design was made by a citizen of Bytom, prof. Heer. Its execution was handled by craftsmen from Gliwice, expressing all their professionalism and artisan crafts. The beautiful furnishings were made by the Buhl Church Art Company from Wrocław (including the main altar made of pine wood, two side altars and the wooden Stations of the Cross). The temple is provided with organs of the highest quality.
The St. Apostles Peter and Paul’s Church was elevated to the cathedral status in 1992, when Pope John Paul II created the Diocese of Gliwice. Organs made by Rieger-Mocker, the best of their type in Silesia, are in the church and thus this is the location of choice for many organ recitals and concerts. The City of Gliwice co-funds renovation works in this historical church.