Old Jewish Cemetery

Old Jewish Cemetery

Updated: 19.09.2019 / print / pdf
Old Jewish Cemetery

photo: B. Kubit

Dane adresowe
ul. Na Piasku
44-100
Gliwice
Dane kontaktowe

The necropolis was established in 1815. The territory of the cemetery is divided into seven quarters, separated with alleys. This is a resting place for ca. 1,500 people, such as e.g. the Flesicher family, the family of a Gliwice-based industrialist Bendix Meyer, as well as Salomon and Friedricke Troplowitz.

The entire area is surrounded with a wall with a gate. Near the main entrance there are ruins of the former prefuneral house. Many local tombs are high-class monuments.

Kategorie wizytówki: